Tuesday, November 15, 2011

bloger 6: How am I going to prepare for the CATW test

      As ENG099 students, we all know the day for the CATW test is the most crucial and exciting moment during the semester, it exams how well we can write a college level essay based on what we have learned in this class. First of all, a good topic will bring me more confidence and chance to pass the test, so I will hope to have a topic that is familiar to me or it is easy to be developed (this will be my first wish after I wake up that day). Of course, not everything will go to the way that I want it to be. So I have to prepare for my second plan which is if I get an unfamiliar topic or an article whose main idea is not very clear, I will do exactly what I did in some of my practice tests, reading the article carefully twice or even more, underlining the main idea and supporting idea and choosing one of them that I think I can write something about it.

      Other than that, I do have problem in time management. According to my previous tests, I spent TOO much time (like 20 to 30 minutes) on the first introduction paragraph , and that makes me have very limited time to develop my rest of essay. And as a result of that, sometime my body paragraphs were not fully developed, while the other time my conclusions was missing. As we can see, these are easy points that I shouldn't have lost. Anyway, it wasn't not too bad for me since those were just practice tests, and showed me where my weaknesses are and what is the problem that I have to work on  primarily. So my third plan for the test is to go over all the practice tests that I did in this semester a week before the test day, and try to avoid making the same mistakes that I made before.

     Lastly, if I have some time left after I finish my whole essay , I will go back to check some spelling and grammar errors . Making sure to get as much points as I can in the last two category of CATW evaluation. That is pretty much  all the plans for the test. Hopefully, there won’t be too many unexpected things happing at that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment